Appealing Your Denied Social Security Disability Claim In Wisconsin

If Social Security denies your application for disability, don’t panic. The agency denies most applications initially. However, when you are unable to work and you are dealing with a disability it can feel overwhelming. The appeals process is lengthy and tedious, but with the right help, success is possible.

At Chewning Legal, LLC, we help many people in Wisconsin turn their denials into approvals. We can help you too and since we are a local company in Wisconsin, we have experience dealing with the local Social Security offices.

Four Levels Of Appeal

If Social Security denies your claim for benefits, they will notify you by letter. In the letter, they will also tell you how to appeal their decision. There are four levels of appeal. They are:


·      Reconsideration

·      Hearing by an administrative law judge

·      Review by the Appeals Council

·      Federal Court review

If you choose to appeal, you only have 60 days from the day you receive your letter to do so. Chewning Legal can help you make your appeal on time. To do so, it is important that you contact us as soon as possible after you receive the denial letter. We will review your case and help prepare an effective appeal. This may require gathering additional medical information and making legal arguments on your behalf. In cases where a hearing is necessary, Social Security may introduce an expert witness. We know how to cross-examine and counter these witnesses with our own information. In Wisconsin, the hearings are held in Milwaukee, Madison, Oshkosh, Green Bay, LaCrosse, Eau Claire, and Wausau.

There is no cost to you unless we help you win your disability benefits. And since Social Security’s own statistics show that using representation is much more effective than going it alone, it is an easy decision to have our experience and legal knowledge by your side no matter at what level of appeal you are. If you have already had your hearing and have been denied, we can help you appeal to the Appeals Council or possibly even to federal district court.